HARMAN, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. focused on connected technologies for automotive, consumer and enterprise markets is taking strict legal action against manufacturers and distributors involved in producing and selling of counterfeit JBL products in India. HARMAN is the parent company for leading audio brands including JBL, AKG, Harman Kardon, Infinity, Lexicon, Mark Levinson and Revel amongst others.
During a recent raid, HARMAN’s investigation team along with the law enforcement officers, seized stocks of spurious JBL consumer products from two mobile and accessories wholesalers in the city of Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh. Similar raids were conducted in the city of Kolkata, West Bengal, where the team confiscated counterfeit JBL Professional speakers and other brand accessories from manufacturing units. HARMAN has taken appropriate criminal action against these offenders and intends to continue such investigations to curb the manufacturing and selling of counterfeit products across India.
“Over the last 75 years, JBL’s range of consumer and professional products have earned consumer trust and tremendous goodwill by virtue of our commitment to maintain highest standards in product quality and focus on innovation. HARMAN prides itself for its brand reputation and customer satisfaction, and therefore, these actions against the perpetrators are essential for us to keep our promise towards our consumers in India.” said Prathab Deivanayagham, Country Manager, HARMAN India. “We advise our consumers to stay vigilant and purchase JBL products from authorised e-commerce and retail sellers’ only.” he said further.
Advisory to consumers: Easy ways to identify a counterfeit JBL product
1. Like many premium goods, HARMAN’s products are being counterfeited and sold, usually at drastically reduced prices and diminished quality. Genuine JBL products are made with high-quality materials and designed to deliver a one-of-a-kind listening experience.
2. The cosmetic details are not consistent with authentic JBL products.
3. Inspect the packaging and logo placement/colour. Typically, the packaging is made of flimsy material, missing key details such as certifications, place of manufacture, address, and trademark/copyright information. Logo placement is slightly off and the colour does not match the genuine logo.
4. The package/product may be lightweight, smell of chemicals, or have chipped paint.
5. Research the reputation of the seller. Read customer comments.
If you have any questions call or contact the HARMAN customer service team. Call Center: 18001020525, Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org, WhatsApp Chat bot: 7065844446