DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which Spinworkz Pte Ltd (also referred to as “Spinworkz”, “we” or“us) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”) Singapore. This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
1. As used in this Notice:
“customer” means an individual who has contacted us through any means to (a) register for our events, magazines or e-newsletters, or (b) to find out more about the services we provide; and “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
2. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your name, contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number, nationality, gender, photographs and other audio-visual information and employment information.
SUMMARY OF HOW WE MAY USE YOUR DATA
3. Spinworkz uses your personal data to manage our relationship with you as follows:
(a) provide you with information regarding events which we are organizing;
(b) to register and contact you about your attendance for events;
(c) facilitate your requirements in relation to events
(d) sending you Electronic Direct Mails (EDMs) to access our digital magazine
(e) sending you EDMs to access our e-newsletter
(f) sending you EDMs for other promotions or surveys that we may conduct
(g) sending you EDMs from our clients regarding products, promotions or invite to their events
4. Data is shared with (a) third parties who assist with the provision and administration of events on our behalf; or (b) sponsors of events
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
5. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Upon receipt of your written email request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
7. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing via email to email@example.com
8. You may also withdraw from receiving some or all of our direct mail to you by clicking on the “UNSUBSCRIBE” option in our EDMs.
9. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
WHO WILL WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
10. We will share your data with third parties who are assisting us with the provision or administration of events which you are attending or intend to attend. Personal data will also be shared with third party service providers, who will process it on behalf of Spinworkz for the purposes identified above.
11. Personal data will also be shared with sponsors of events for (a) statistical purposes to assess the effectiveness of sponsorship; and (b) direct marketing. You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing from sponsors at any time. You can do this by following the instructions in the communication where this is an electronic message, or by contacting us using the details set out below.
12. In the event that our business is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
13. You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data. This right may be limited if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
14. Where we process registration data, we do this for as long as you are an active user of our sites and for three years after this.
15. Where we process personal data for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data so that we can respect your request in future.
16. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt out of direct marketing, you can get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
17. We reserve the right to amend this policy at any time. The Effective Date stated below indicates the last time this policy was materially revised. Any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted on our website. You are encouraged to review this page periodically to see any updates or changes to our policy.
01 MAY 2021