A total of 23 projects were submitted by 15 SI companies for this inaugural event. 5 categories saw competition whereas 6 categories had no competition but were still judged.
“It was vital for us that our entire process is seen to be transparent. We had absolutely no influence on the judging and we chose judges that were not related to any project in India. We are glad that we managed to pull the awards off in a neutral and open manner,” said Thomas Prakasam, Editorial Director and Publisher of Systems Integration Asia magazine.
SIIA Organizers also marked a new dimension to its ‘Celebration of AV Excellence’ event with a Lifetime Achievement Award. It was an initiative brought about by the suggestion of one of the Platinum partners – Naveen Sridhar, Director Sales & Marketing -SAARC, beyerdynamic India Private Limited, who had mooted the idea of the Lifetime Achievement Award. It was his suggestion that helped the organizers develop the Lifetime Award. Two outstanding individuals were recognised with the Lifetime Achievement Award. They were chosen by the Partners for the Awards.
The full list of winners is as follows:
- Best AV Application in Corporate environment, ₹<1 Cr or less: PLAY
- Best AV Application in Corporate environment, ₹ 1 Cr-5 Cr: PLAY
- Best AV Application in Corporate environment, ₹ 10 Cr and above: AVID
- Best AV Application in Government segment, ₹ 1 Cr-5 Cr: A.V. Graphics
- Best AV Application in Government segment, ₹ 10 Cr and above: Bharat Radio Centre
- Highly Commendable Project-I: VizExperts
- Highly Commendable Project-II: ISSPL
- Highly Commendable AV Design(project-II): T2 Consulting
- Highly Commendable AV Design(project-II): Rhino Engineers
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Manmohan Gupta
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Kelvin Ashby-King
Ram Bhavanashi, Editor, India and ME for Systems Integration Asia commented, “All of this would not have been possible without our Partners who understood from the beginning the impact the awards will have in the industry. They were active Partners who engaged us throughout to help make the event successful.”
The Awards was without any doubt well received and the evening proceedings brought the AV community together to enjoy and celebrate AV excellence.
More details of the awards ceremony will be featured in the Oct-Nov issue of Systems Integration Asia magazine.