Planar: Clarity Matrix MX55HDX / LX46HDU-3D
Announced at InfoComm, Planar unveiled two new models to its award-winning Clarity® Matrix™ LCD Video Wall System line-up.
The first of the new models is the Clarity Matrix MX55HDX LCD video wall display with the industry’s smallest tiled bezel, which offers a virtually seamless LCD video wall installations. Also new to the Clarity Matrix video wall line-up is the Clarity Matrix LX46HDU-3D, an LCD video wall solution for customers seeking a large format stereoscopic display for professional 3D visualization applications.
Key features of the Clarity Matrix MX55HDX include:
- Extreme narrow bezel provides a tiled bezel width of just 1.6 millimeters.
- Improvements to the unique Planar® EasyAxis™ Mounting System, making it easier to achieve the smallest gap between individual LCD video wall displays.
- Unparalleled picture sharpness and clarity achieved through 800 nits of brightness and an off-board architecture prevents hot spots on the display.
- A 10 percent power consumption reduction over previous 55-inch Clarity Matrix models.
- An installed depth of 92 millimeters (3.6 inches), achieving compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirement for protruding objects.
- Built-in video extension of up to 150 meters (500 feet), offering unprecedented installation flexibility while eliminating the cost and reliability concerns of third-party cable extenders.
- Convenient front serviceability enabled by a unique design that transfers the electronics and power supply modules normally located on the back of the display to easily accessible off-board components.
- The ability to drive as many as five Clarity Matrix displays with a single power supply module.
- Specialized transportation packaging that surpasses International Safe Transit Association (ISTA) specifications, ensuring that every display arrives intact.
- Optional Planar® ERO™ (Extended Ruggedness and Optics™) protective glass option to further safeguard the display against breakage both in transit and while in use in public spaces.
Key applications for Clarity Matrix MX55HDX: Control rooms.
Key features of the Clarity Matrix LX46HDU-3D include:
- Full HD native resolution
- An ultra-thin installed depth of just 3.7 inches
- An off-board electronics design for easy maintenance.
“…With twice the resolution, the new Clarity Matrix LX46HDU-3D redefines the immersive experience and realism of the CAVE2 and elevates its applications in multi-data source collaboration,” said Mike Hancock, vice president at Mechdyne.
Key applications for Clarity Matrix LX46HDU-3D: Universities, design firms, manufacturers and government customers seeking a large-format stereo 3D visualization display. Customers can utilize passive glasses to analyze 3D models and data to bring virtual worlds to life in a physical environment. Customers can also use the video wall as a collaborative work space for standard 2D content.
Availability: Summer 2016.