In 2018, Exterity’s solutions were adopted by a flurry of new customers around the world, including Goodwood, Hamad Media Corporation, Inglis Riverside Stables, New England Institute of Technology, Okada Manila, ParisLongchamp, Saxon Hotel Villas and Spa, Six Senses Zighy Bay Resort, Thomson Reuters India and many more.
Reflecting on the reasons for Exterity’s success in 2018 and plans for ISE, Colin Farquhar, CEO at Exterity, said: “In order to meet the growing demands of consumers in this connected world, vendors must be able to offer flexible, secure and user-friendly end-to-end solutions and this is what we will be demonstrating at ISE. Visitors to our stand will see how corporate enterprises of all sizes, tech-savvy hotels, and venues hosting a whole plethora of events use Exterity IP-based solutions.
“Since we were last at ISE, we’ve released several new applications, considerably enhanced existing products and completed some key technology integrations, all of which will be demonstrated at ISE 2019, along with a look at what’s coming next.”
Exterity technologies are pushing the envelope for more tightly integrated unified communications services. The latest products and solutions to be showcased at ISE 2019 include:
· ArtioGuest: launched in 2018, ArtioGuest delivers a seamless, interactive TV and video experience for hospitality guests on any device to respond to increasing demand from hotel guests looking for intuitive, easy-to-use in-room technology that is ‘better than home’ such as Six Senses Zinghy Bay.
· ArtioSign: Exterity’s powerful yet easy-to-use digital signage solution enables organisations to deliver dynamic signage to any display, incorporating video up to 4K. The latest version includes numerous feature enhancements, including automatic conversion of imported video, meeting room status display with integration with Microsoft Exchange and Amadeus Delphi, and support for Samsung Tizen TVs.
· AvediaPlayer 4K Media Player: Exterity’s ultra-reliable AvediaPlayer range of media players now includes the m9405 Media Player (pictured), which is the final piece of the 4K puzzle for a complete end-to-end, all-Exterity 4K workflow. Key features include 4K Ultra HD video quality; 32GB storage to support hours of media-rich digital signage; a cool, fanless design; and cost-effective Power over Ethernet (PoE).
· Smart Control: this powerful software app brings control of key IP video system applications and end points, including non-Exterity devices, into one central location. Smart Control enables simple day-to-day management of a mixed device IPTV system and brings the Control apps for ArtioSign and ArtioGuest into one place. Commands include the ability to control individual and groups of devices, such as turning devices on/off, setting volume/mute/unmute, changing channels, publishing playlists and schedules to groups of screens and more, all with familiar drag-and-drop ease.
· Integration of the latest industry standards with AvediaStream Transcoders:
o NDI support: The Transcoder platform is the first of Exterity’s products to integrate NDI (Network Device Interface). It enables organisations to easily send production-quality video from their NDI live production environments to all end points in their Exterity system, including remote sites.
o Video watermarking: Enables organisations to ensure video traceability and to brand their video content using customisable text, images and time watermarking
o HEVC support: HEVC offers double the compression ratio compared to H.264 for the same quality, so organisations can enjoy 50% savings on bandwidth when streaming video to remote offices. With 4K video content making its way into multiple industries, HEVC support on transcoder platforms ensures that organisations can stream 4K video effectively on their network, as well as convert 4K content for existing HD screens.
· AvediaStream TVgateways: The new AvediaStream g4400 introduces a new workflow to the Exterity TVgateway product line. Not only can it distribute IP-delivered broadcast video to connected screens on your LAN, it also delivers video content from your LAN to remote sites over the internet.
The g4400 supports SRT, enabling Secure and Reliable Transport of video, with minimal delay, between remote sites for distribution to all the screens in your global Exterity system.
Exterity has a global presence with customers in multiple sectors that include corporate & finance, hospitality, stadiums & venues, broadcast & media, education and more. Customers include organisations such as Bayer, BBC, BNP Paribas and Lord’s Cricket Ground (The Open golf tournament).