Extron: SoundField XD Series SF 3C LP and SF 3CT LP
The new SoundField XD Series SF 3C LP and SF 3CT LP full-range ceiling speakers feature a low profile composite back can for use in plenum rated ceiling environments. With the industry’s first UL 2043 listed composite speaker enclosure, the SF 3C LP and SF 3CT LP meet stringent UL requirements for smoke and heat release in plenum air spaces.
Designed with the integrator in mind, the SF 3C LP and SF 3CT LP are constructed using a two-piece modular design with a separable back can and baffle, which simplifies installation in both single-trade and division of labor installations. These speakers include a cable/conduit access plate that can be oriented for side mount, for low clearance ceilings, or for top mount for blind-mounting into drywall ceilings.
- Newly redesign 3″ (7.6 cm) full-range driver – delivering a wider and smoother frequency range of 65 Hz to 20 kHz and is engineered with an extremely wide conical dispersion of 165°.
- The SF 3C LP is designed for 8 ohm direct connection to power amplifiers, and provides a simple means to wire speakers in parallel for 4 ohm amplifier operation.
- The SF 3CT LP allows both direct 8 ohm or 70/100 volt operation with a behind-the-grille, six position power selector switch.
- The 4″ (10.2 cm) low profile back can makes these speakers an ideal choice for ceiling installations with tight above-the-ceiling tile space issues, such as air handling units installed close to the ceiling.
- Exclusive Opti-Torque indicator rings provide a visual indication when the locking arm screws have been sufficiently tightened, preventing damage to the speaker caused by overtightening.
- Both models feature a thin-edged round bezel and magnetic grille for a refined appearance on the ceiling.
Availability: Now. The SF 3C LP and SF 3CT LP speakers are sold in pairs and include a 5-year parts and labor warranty.