These strategic partnerships aim to move D-Tools closer to its goal of providing AV, IT, and security system integrators and consultants with a complete end-to-end solution that allows data to flow seamlessly throughout the project lifecycle – from initial client contact through the ongoing service relationship.
D-Tools’ API and integration strategy is an integral component of the company’s core vision – to provide integrators of every type and size with a software platform that gives them the flexibility to select and adopt the various tools that best suit the needs of their business.
Initially, D-Tools SI 2016 will integrate with the following software solutions:
- Connectwise – This business management platform combines help desk and customer service, CRM, marketing campaigns, and project management, along with business analytics, in one cloud-based solution. This integration adds D-Tools’ powerful estimation and drawing capabilities to form a more comprehensive solution from the initial point of contact in a new sales opportunity through servicing and invoicing.
- Slateplan – Slateplan is a modern sales software for the home technology industry. When integrated with D-Tools’ data-driven platform, Slateplan customers benefit by using their existing D-Tools product catalog which results in quick and accurate scope and budget development. Further, that same product and labor data can then be pushed back into D-Tools to streamline the process of generating professional proposals.
- TRX.io – This state-of-the-art inventory and asset management solution provides real-time tracking and management of all inventory, allowing for clear and consistent communication of product whereabouts between staff members. The integration with D-Tools allows technology professionals to accurately track products from procurement through installation, better manage inventory, replace manual processes, eliminate inventory-related accounting errors and inaccuracies.
- Ihiji – When D-Tools integrates with Ihiji’s new, award-winning ServiceManager, users will benefit from streamlined project documentation, trouble-ticket tracking, and service management to create greater efficiencies and better ongoing service. All project details including customer information, product information, and even engineering drawings will flow seamlessly from D-Tools into Ihiji’s ServiceManager, ensuring data integrity and a seamless workflow.
- ProjX360 – A future integration planned with this platform will enable users to utilize ProjX360’s sales CRM and project management tools without the need for double data entry, allowing critical project information to maintain its integrity and seamlessly flow between the two systems. Users of this integrated solution will be able to more effectively manage every aspect of a project’s lifecycle from initial client contact through estimation, system design, installation, and post-installation service.
“For system integrators, the ability to utilize these other best-of-breed solutions in combination with the D-Tools platform creates a true end-to-end software solution in which data flows seamlessly through the project lifecycle,” says D-Tools CEO Randy Stearns.
Increased Capabilities for SI 2016 R2
Set to make its debut at CEDIA 2016, the D-Tools SI 2016 R2 will also be available as a free upgrade to current D-Tools customers. The upgraded software will provide users with the capabilities to import project information from Middle Atlantic’s Configurator software and Portal by SupplyStream directly into SI 2016, making generating bids, proposals, equipment lists and project documentation even faster and easier.
Support for AutoCAD 2017 and an all-new, clean pdf file import process in Visio are among the improvements to D-Tools’ legendary drawing capabilities.