Biamp: Oreno 1.1
Biamp Systems has announced the release of Oreno® 1.1, the latest version of its groundbreaking mobile control software for Tesira-equipped rooms. The new features and improvements include Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) integration, the ability to automatically assign room access to new users, and removal of the requirement to have a dialer in every room.
“With the latest additions to the Oreno platform, users can connect their people, customers, and business in record time — extending the simple, easy-to-use mobile control capabilities even further.”
Key features include:
- Oreno 1.1 supports optional integration with LDAP for enhanced user access management. Administrators can assign room access permissions and roles based upon LDAP groups, rather than manually entering each person individually into Oreno Manager.
- Oreno 1.1 also introduces the concept of “default rooms” that are accessible to all Oreno users. As users are added in Oreno Manager, they will immediately be granted access to designated default rooms.
- Integration with LDAP allows users to log into Oreno using their network credentials.
- Optionally, administrators can configure Oreno to run under SSL, preventing login information from being transmitted in clear text.
- Oreno also offers read-only access to LDAP and cannot be used to update employee data, nor will it store network credentials.
- Dialer is no longer required as part of the room control, allowing Oreno to better address use cases where a dialer is not needed.
- Users have the option to populate speed dial with contacts from an LDAP directory, as well as enable user lookups for initiating calls.