Adder Technology: AdderLink XDIP
Adder Technology has announced the launch of AdderLink XDIP, the latest solution in the company’s AdderLink KVM and AV extension line. The new extender enables users to locate critical computing hardware in secure and temperature controlled environments, away from the user work station, while maintaining the original desktop experience, using standard network infrastructure.
As computing ecosystems grow in complexity and teams are increasingly looking to manage several remote sources through one workstation, the need for flexible extension without the loss of quality is critical. The AdderLink XDIP can extend video, USB2.0 and audio along a single minimum spec of CAT5e cable for 100m, further by routing through your infrastructure.
It is flexible when it comes to workstation interfaces, connecting with a large range of USB devices including mice, keyboards, touch screens, jog shuttles, graphics tablets, joysticks and 3D explorers, and also has a local feed through port.
Key features include:
- 1920 x 1200 resolutions, Real Time Control: video extension system is compressed with every frame sent with very low latency.
- Feed through at Local and Remote node providing video and USB from local and source.
- EDID management: intelligent EDID management allows for the true characteristics of the monitor to be passed back to the computer. A fixed EDID can also be specified.
- CD quality analogue audio: bi-directional CD audio quality is available to transfer audio to/from local to remote. Microphones and Headphones are also supported.
- Delivered in a zero configuration state so users can plug the units in and start working immediately. No drivers or software are needed.
Availability: Now shipping.